Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Resurrection Week #3




This silent day. No mention of any activity this day in the gospels. What most scholars believe to have taken place is:



*Jesus prepares for the last supper and most likely spends time in prayer with the Father for events to come.

*Judas and the Sanhedrin prepare for the arrest of Jesus

*Jesus spent the entire day and night in Bethany.



Prepare your hearts and mind for the betrayal of Jesus and the brutal days ahead for Jesus but keep in mind Sunday is coming which means VICTORY!



Let us take some time today to also be silent and still before our Lord and think about this Holy Week and what Jesus did for you and for me!



Psalm 62:1

Truly my soul silently waits for God; From Him comes my salvation.



Psalm 46:10

Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!



Psalm 62:5

My soul, wait silently for God alone, For my expectation is from Him.



Zephaniah 1:7

Be silent in the presence of the Lord God; For the day of the Lord is at hand, For the Lord has prepared a sacrifice; He has invited His guests.



Acts 8:32

The place in the Scripture which he read was this: “He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; And as a lamb before its shearer is silent, So He opened not His mouth.



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment