Friday, July 25, 2014

Fear-what are you afraid of? #12

 
Think of a time when you were as low as you could get in life. Maybe it was after the death of a loved one, a divorce, loss of a job or something else. Fear had set in and you did not know what to do next. Maybe you did not even know how you could go on living. I have good news for you this morning. You had nothing to fear because our God is in control!!! Look at these verses below:

Lamentations 3:55-57


55 “I called on your name, O Lord,
    from the depths of the pit;
56 you heard my plea, ‘Do not close
    your ear to my cry for help!’
57 You came near when I called on you;
    you said, ‘Do not fear!’

In verse 55, I have been in that pit a few times! What about you? The bad thin g about me anyway is sometimes I try to solve the problem myself before I call on the name of the Lord! Is that dumb or what! Note to self here...always call on Jesus first!

In verse 56, we see why we call upon Jesus....He hears us! He does not close His ears to those who have called upon His name as Lord and Savior! Wow! There is no better news that that my friends!

In verse 57, we are told he not only hears but He responds! He comes closer to us to whisper in our ears these sweet words "Do not fear"! In other Words Jesus is saying I have everything under control, I love you, and you will be ok....trust Me!

Those are some comforting words from our Lord! You see when we truly put all our faith and trust in Jesus in ALL situations, we do not have anything to fear! Our mighty and powerful God has us in His hands and no One can ###### us out! Praise God!

Have a blessed weekend my friends and go worship the KING!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment