Thursday, July 17, 2014

Fear-what are you afraid of? #8




Some men/women grow in power, fame, and fortune in a life time. Many seem to want to use that power to influence others in a negative way. So when that happens people will grow to fear them. When that power is used in that fashion they are a pawn in the devils hand. So what are we supposed to do? Glad you asked...God has it covered!



Psalm 118:6



6 The Lord is on my side; I will not fear.

What can man do to me?



Psalm 56:4



4 In God, whose word I praise,

in God I trust; I shall not be afraid.

What can flesh do to me?



Hebrews 13:6

6 So we can confidently say,



“The Lord is my helper;

I will not fear;

what can man do to me?”



Need I say more? Ha! If you are a follower of Jesus, God is on your side! Man may have a limited amount of power that God allows him to have on this ole earth of ours but one day soon when Jesus returns the all-power will be in hands of God's children as they become joint heirs with Jesus!! Whew! That should make ya shout this morning!



Think about this...in a mans power what is the worse thing he could do to you? Take your life, right? Well for the redeemed by the blood of the lamb that has no power because as soon as we become absent from this body we are present with the Lord! Man has no power...God has it all!!!



Refer back to note #5 where we talked about we are not going to die until God is ready for us to come home anyway! Not a second before!



So this morning...don't fear your boss, your husband, the Mayor, or anybody who takes their power to their head! God is on your side and that is all you need! No need to fear...God is in control.



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment