Friday, August 15, 2014

No matter what Praise God!




This is a song called Broken Hallelujah by a band named The Afters. Really listen to the words:






The definition of hallelujah is: Praise ye the Lord! So in this song we are encouraged to praise God no matter what we are going through. Why would we do that? Because we have an awesome God who is always there no matter what. Remember this promise:



Hebrews 13:5

Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”



or this one:



Matthew 28:20

20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.



When life is throwing us that difficult curve ball one verse that always comes to mind is this one:



Psalm 30:5



For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning.



Most difficult times come and go, thank God. Some just seem to hang on and on, even in these remember Paul in the bible had a difficulty and prayed for it to be removed but God would not remove it. Look here:





2 Corinthians 12:7-10

7 And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure. 8 Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me. 9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.



You see difficulties keep us humble before God, makes us realize we are nothing without Him. God told Paul just trust in my grace, maybe He is telling us the same thing. Paul took the teaching, learned, and then used his difficulty to glorify God. For when we can keep going in our weaknesses, through the power of the Holy Spirit, we can then only give honor to one person and that is God! We always grow more in our relationship to God in hard times than in good because we fully turn to God where as when things are going great we want a little credit which we don't deserve! Praise God in the hard times as well as the good!



This is where our broken hallelujahs come into play. Our praises to God may come in broken conditions, but as a follower of Jesus I will not let the devil steal my joy or my service to my King, I will praise ye the Lord for He is my salvation!



So do you have any broken hallelujahs this morning? If you don't you will soon as such is life. Keep praising the Lord brothers and sisters for heaven is right around the corner....I can't wait!!!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment