Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Names and descriptions of God




For the next week or two I want to share the names and descriptions of God found in the bible. Read then slowly and let them sink in and realize how amazing our God is!!!!



My Witness-Job 16:19







19 Even now, behold, my witness is in heaven,

and he who testifies for me is on high.



My Wonderful Counselor-Isaiah 9:6





6 For unto us a Child is born,

Unto us a Son is given;

And the government will be upon His shoulder.

And His name will be called

Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God,

Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.



My Strong Deliverer-Psalm 140:7





7 O GOD the Lord, the strength of my salvation,

You have covered my head in the day of battle.



So what we see in our God today is He is our personal witness in heaven. He is a wonderful counselor to us. He delivers us first from our sins, and then through the battles of life.



What an awesome personal God we serve!



Tom

___

No comments:

Post a Comment