Monday, October 20, 2014

Are you a citizen of heaven?




First a little US citizen quiz. Do you know the 4 ways to become a US citizen?



1. Citizenship through parents



2. Marry a US citizen



3. Green Card Naturalization



4. Join the military



Interesting huh? You can look up the details if you need to especially the last one which takes a little explaining.



Read these verses and then I have another question for you:



Philippians 3:17-4:1

17 Brothers, join in imitating me, and keep your eyes on those who walk according to the example you have in us. 18 For many, of whom I have often told you and now tell you even with tears, walk as enemies of the cross of Christ. 19 Their end is destruction, their god is their belly, and they glory in their shame, with minds set on earthly things. 20 But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself.

4 Therefore, my brothers, whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm thus in the Lord, my beloved.



Are you a citizen of heaven? I hope and pray you are. How do you become a citizen of heaven? There is only one way!



John 14:6

6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.



Jesus Christ is the only way to citizenship with the Father in heaven. You must have a personal relationship with Jesus!



Here is the next question:



Can a US citizenship be revoked?



The answer is yes but it is rarely done. Here are the 4 reasons US citizenship can be revoked:



1. Lying on paperwork for US citizenship



2. Refusal to testify before Congress



3. Membership in Subversive group (terrorist group)



4. Dishonorable discharge from military if citizenship was gained through military.



So here is my next question, what can revoke your citizenship in heaven?



Here is the answer: nothing!



John 10:28-29

28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.



When you have given you life to Jesus and follow Him nothing can take your citizenship in heaven away as God has said no one is able to snatch them out of His hand! Now here is where the problem lies. Many claim to believe in Jesus which they may but so does Satin and the demons, the key is they have not surrendered their lives to Him and follow Him. It takes more that a simple belief, it takes total surrender.



Here are the words of Jesus:



Matthew 16:24

Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.



I hope you can see here it is more that a simple belief, it is a surrendering of your life to Jesus!



So are you a citizen of heaven? If you are awesome! If not what is stopping you? I would be glad to talk to you about it, just ask!



Tom

___

No comments:

Post a Comment