Monday, October 6, 2014

Names and descriptions of God #12




Good Monday morning! Great day to look at some more of the names and descriptions of God! So let's get at it.



Mediator-1 Timothy 2:5

5 For there is one God, and there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,



Oh this a great one we all need to know. What is a mediator? It is a person who helps find resolution to a problem. So guess who has the problem in our situation? Us...we have a sin problem. Guess who has the resolution to that problem....Jesus. He shed His Own blood to take care of our problem. Now that is a Mediator I can count on! What a friend we have in Jesus!



Our Peace-Ephesians 2:14

14 For he himself is our peace, who has made us both one and has broken down in his flesh the dividing wall of hostility



I sure have found this one to be true in my life. In a world where it seems all there is around us is hostility, violence, disagreements, and hatred, we have A Savior who provides peace for the soul. How many times have we had to find our peace in Him? Too many to count for me. The peace He brings is many time beyond understanding in hard situations, I am so thankful for my Peace found in Christ Jesus.



For this next one let me define for you what a redeem is: to buy or pay off; clear by payment:



My Redeemer-Job 19:25

For I know that my Redeemer lives, and at the last he will stand upon the earth.



Psalm 19:14



14 Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart

be acceptable in your sight,

O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.



This is a great picture for us to paint of our Redeemer Jesus, He is the One who bought us with a price, that price was His shed blood and death upon that cross for our sins. He cleared our debt of sin...wow just think of that. We deserve hell, but He gives us heaven if we will just give our hearts to Him and follow Him the rest of our days.



My Redeemer lives! One day soon He is coming back to get His own, are you ready? I sure am!



So today we see our God is Our Mediator, Our Peace, and Our Redeemer. Thinking about these should get you through a Monday!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment