Thursday, November 20, 2014

What would you do? #4




Well how have you been doing on these scenarios when you answer the questions? If I am honest with my self I do not think I am doing very well!



So for today's scenario remember this...your brothers and sisters wanted to kill you because of their extreme jealousy and hatred of daddy's boy. Instead they sell you off into slavery thinking they will never see you again. This gets us to today's event:



In slavery, you earn the trust and respect of others and move into leadership position. The King is so impressed with your abilities he moves you up to second in charge only behind himself. A famine takes over the land, but because of you wise planning you have an abundance of food. So much so other nations are coming to you to buy food. Guess who comes before you wanting food? That's right your brothers and sisters!!! They do not recognize you but you do them. Here is your question......what do you do?



I know what I would want to do personally but as a follower of God what would I do? hmmmmm



Here is the story in the bible:



Genesis 41:41-44

41 And Pharaoh said to Joseph, “See, I have set you over all the land of Egypt.” 42 Then Pharaoh took his signet ring from his hand and put it on Joseph's hand, and clothed him in garments of fine linen and put a gold chain about his neck. 43 And he made him ride in his second chariot. And they called out before him, “Bow the knee!” Thus he set him over all the land of Egypt. 44 Moreover, Pharaoh said to Joseph, “I am Pharaoh, and without your consent no one shall lift up hand or foot in all the land of Egypt.”



Genesis 42:7

7 Joseph saw his brothers and recognized them, but he treated them like strangers and spoke roughly to them. “Where do you come from?” he said. They said, “From the land of Canaan, to buy food.”



Genesis 42:25

25 And Joseph gave orders to fill their bags with grain, and to replace every man's money in his sack, and to give them provisions for the journey. This was done for them.



Genesis 45:1-4

45 Then Joseph could not control himself before all those who stood by him. He cried, “Make everyone go out from me.” So no one stayed with him when Joseph made himself known to his brothers. 2 And he wept aloud, so that the Egyptians heard it, and the household of Pharaoh heard it. 3 And Joseph said to his brothers, “I am Joseph! Is my father still alive?” But his brothers could not answer him, for they were dismayed at his presence.

4 So Joseph said to his brothers, “Come near to me, please.” And they came near. And he said, “I am your brother, Joseph, whom you sold into Egypt.



So Joesph did the right thing and gave them food. He also asked them a question..."Is my father still alive?" So did Joesph give them food because he forgave them or did He have another motive behind his kindness?



We will find out tomorrow!



Tom

___

No comments:

Post a Comment