Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Heart #9



I know I return to this truth often but it is of great importance for the follower of Jesus to get it engraved deeply into their hearts and it is this:

Job 22:22
22 Receive, please, instruction from His mouth,
And lay up His words in your heart.

Brothers and sisters the only way for us to follow Jesus as He desires is to know His word. It is a must to follow Jesus! How do you know what He expects from His followers if you do not know His word. Again as I have said other times it makes no sense for a follower of Jesus not to have read and reread His word many times over their life time. Without question it should be the number one book in a believers life every day and every year! Is it in yours?

Here are a couple other verses on this same truth:

Psalm 119:36
36 Incline my heart to Your testimonies,
And not to covetousness.

Help us Lord to desire your Word not things of this world!

Proverbs 3:1
3 My son, do not forget my law,
But let your heart keep my commands;

So does your heart desire and love God's Word? Do you then do best everyday to follow what you learned? If yes AWESOME! If no, today is the day to discipline yourself to a love for the Word of God! Then apply it!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment