Thursday, April 9, 2015

Listen to your Parents!



I am so thankful for my parents. My mom and dad raised us to work, treat people right, pay your bills, and be responsible. God places mom and dad in our lives for a purpose. That purpose is to raise us and to teach us His ways! Look at these verses:

Proverbs 1:8
8 Hear, my son, your father's instruction,
and forsake not your mother's teaching,

Proverbs 23:22
22 Listen to your father who gave you life,
and do not despise your mother when she is old.

Sadly many don't have fathers or mothers in their live and it is the churches responsibility to stand up and be these for those who don't have them. For if the body of Christ is not raising them in the train of the Lord the world will train them for their own purposes. 

I am also thankful for the many men and women who have stepped into my lives over the years to be spiritual mom and dads to me. To train me in the Lord and to teach me God's Word. If it was not for these folks I may have never come to Jesus! 

So I say there things to say this...obey your parents first of all as God has told us to do this. Second, if you are a mom or dad train your child in the ways of the Lord. There is nothing more important than this! Nothing! Third, if you are a part of the body of Christ (church), you have a responsibility to help children grow up by the teachings of God and you have to help teach them. You may have to go out of your way to pick the child up if they have no way to church!!! In the end the rewards will be overwhelming for you and the child!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment