Wednesday, April 8, 2015

No need for fear!



Turn on the news, read the paper, listen to folks talk, we live in wicked days! Murder is common, money is scarce, sexual slavery is more common than we think, world is filled with hate, cancer is rampant, and the list goes on. It is an easy time to be fearful. If you are not a follower of Jesus you need to be scared but if you are a follower we have nothing at all to fear!

Isaiah 41:10
10 fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Our God is with us!!!!! He has us in His hand, that's all I need to know! Thank you Lord Jesus!

Psalm 27:2-4
2 When evildoers assail me
to eat up my flesh,
my adversaries and foes,
it is they who stumble and fall.
3 Though an army encamp against me,
my heart shall not fear;
though war arise against me,
yet I will be confident.
4 One thing have I asked of the Lord,
that will I seek after:
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life,
to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord
and to inquire in his temple.

I am confident in my God! One day soon I will dwell with Him forever! With that in mind I have nothing to fear!

Psalm 118:6
6 The Lord is on my side; I will not fear.
What can man do to me?

What is worst thing a man could do yo us? Take our life? If you are a follower of Jesus, that means heaven!!! Nothing man can do should make us fear! God is on your side!

Isaiah 41:13
13 For I, the Lord your God,
hold your right hand;
it is I who say to you, “Fear not,
I am the one who helps you.”

God holds our hand!!!! What a comforting thing to know!

Isaiah 54:14
14 In righteousness you shall be established;
you shall be far from oppression, for you shall not fear;
and from terror, for it shall not come near you.

Our righteousness is in Jesus Christ, we have nothing to fear!

Lamentations 3:56-58
56 you heard my plea, ‘Do not close
your ear to my cry for help!’
57 You came near when I called on you;
you said, ‘Do not fear!’
58 “You have taken up my cause, O Lord;
you have redeemed my life.

Aren't you thankful God heard your cry for help????? I know I am!

Joel 2:21
21 “Fear not, O land;
be glad and rejoice,
for the Lord has done great things!

Oh has the Lord blessed us! He is good!

Luke 12:32
32 “Fear not, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

Oh what a promise! The Kingdom for His children!

John 12:15
15 “Fear not, daughter of Zion;
behold, your king is coming,
sitting on a donkey's colt!”

Fear is gone for a follower of King Jesus because He came, died, and was Resurrected!

Romans 8:15
15 For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!”

Fear is bondage, we have freedom from the Father through the Son Jesus!

2 Timothy 1:7
7 for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

Fear is not from God but the devil....remember that!

1 John 4:18
18 There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

Only one way to be perfected....Jesus!

Revelation 1:17
17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. But he laid his right hand on me, saying, “Fear not, I am the first and the last,

oh what a time that will be when we see Jesus face to face!

There is a healthy fear though and we is here:

Ecclesiastes 8:13
13 But it will not be well with the wicked, neither will he prolong his days like a shadow, because he does not fear before God.

Matthew 10:28
28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

God is God...hold Him in proper position in life. He deserves all reverence and awe! 

So do not fear today, God has got you if you have become a follower of His Son Jesus!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment