Monday, June 20, 2016

Whats in your heart?



A verse to chew on for today:

1 Samuel 16:7 But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

We can fool many people by what we do that can be seen by them. But we can not fool God who looks at our heart. God know us inside and out. He knows what we are thinking and what we will do now and in the future. Knowing this we must look at ourselves and ask...am I playing a game with my life or am I being real? What is in my heart?

God desires Himself to be on our heart for that is pure and perfect. We tend to chose selfishly and place in our heart what we think will please us. What we must learn is the only thing that will truly satisfy out hearts is God Himself. That is why Jesus said this:

John 10:10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

The best life, the abundant life can only be found in Jesus. Is Jesus in your heart this day or something else?

My treasure is Jesus, the one who gave all for me! How about you?

Matthew 6:21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment