Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Sanctification means evidence!



When we are followers of Jesus and going through the process of becoming more holy (sanctification) then there should be visible evidence in the followers life. Read what JC Ryle said: “Sanctification is the invariable result of that vital union with Christ which true faith gives to a Christian. The union with Christ which produces no effect on heart and life is a mere formal union, which is worthless before God.” Think on that for a bit!

Evidence of growing in holiness shown by works in life is also backed up by scripture:

John 15:5 I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.

James 2:17-20 So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. 18 But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. 19 You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder! 20 Do you want to be shown, you foolish person, that faith apart from works is useless?

1 John 3:3 And everyone who thus hopes in him purifies himself as he is pure.

So is there any evidence in your life of growing in holiness? Becoming more like Jesus? I pray it is so! If not then we need to examine our relationship with Jesus and make corrections where needed!

Grow in Christ brothers and sisters!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment