Monday, September 26, 2016

If you are holy, you are humble.



How are you doing the area of humility. As we study the bible it is clear when men and women got right with God, they also were humbled and lived lives of humility. Look at some of these words from past saints before a holy God:

Genesis 18:27 Abraham answered and said, “Behold, I have undertaken to speak to the Lord, I who am but dust and ashes.

Jacob said in Genesis 32:10a I am not worthy of the least of all the deeds of steadfast love and all the faithfulness that you have shown to your servant, 

Paul said in 1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief.

Do we realize as we stand before the Holy God, we are not worthy of anything??? But in His great love He pours out His love, mercy, and grace upon us!!!

Not only are we to humble to God but also to man as Jesus showed us here:

John 13:14-15 If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. 15 For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you.

Whose feet have you washed lately?

How is your humility this day as we continue to grow in holiness?

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment