Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Do you walk with Jesus as your best friend?



When we surrender to Jesus as Lord and Savior, we then have a new and perfect best friend!

John 15:15 No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you.

Now that we have a new best friend, do we treat Him like it? J.C. Ryle puts it like this:

“We must seek to have personal intimacy with the Lord Jesus, and to deal with Him as a man deals with loving friend.

To turn to Him first in every need,
To talk to Him about every difficulty,
To consult Him in every step,
to spread before Him all our sorrows,
to get Him to share in all our joys,
to do all as in His sight, and
to go through everyday leaning on and looking to Him!”

Paul told us this also:

Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Philippians 1:21 For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain.

So let us ask ourselves...”Is Jesus my best friend and do I treat Him like it?”

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment