Thursday, May 25, 2017

Whom do you long for?



We are here for one reason....God. He made us to worship and glorify Him. Everything else is secondary. So let me ask you again...whom do you long for each day? Is it God? Thomas Kempis said “in YOU is all that I long for.” Can we honestly say the same thing?

Do I long for God’s Word Psalm 119:20 My soul is crushed with longing After Your ordinances at all times.

Is my complete desire God? Psalm 73:25 Whom have I in heaven but You? And besides You, I desire nothing on earth.

Do you crave God? Psalm 63:1 O God, You are my God; I shall seek You earnestly; My soul thirsts for You, my flesh yearns for You, In a dry and weary land where there is no water.

Are you working for eternity not earthly? John 6:27 "Do not work for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give to you, for on Him the Father, God, has set His seal."

God promises to provide for those who thirst after Him. Revelation 21:6 Then He said to me, "It is done I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end I will give to the one who thirsts from the spring of the water of life without cost.

May we all sit down and think honestly about what our deepest desire is and if it is not God changes must be made!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment