Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Who is wise?

Here is the verse for today:

James 3:13

13 Who is wise and understanding among you? Let him show by good conduct that his works are done in the meekness of wisdom.

So do you think you are wise? When I answer this for myself I must say as I get older I get wiser but I have a long way to go! The only way I get wiser is by studying and obeying the word of God. That is it. The world does not make me wiser but God does. His word tells me that over and over. I know many folks who think they are wise but they are not. They are full of worldly wisdom but have very little knowledge of God and how He works or what He expects from His children. This verse tells us who is wise. Works done by good conduct. Well the only thing good is God so our works must be done in representation of Him. The word meekness can mean overly submissive so I like to think of this part of the verse says that we should be overly submissive of wisdom....who is the all wise One??? God of coures. So let us submit to His wisdom...the Bible!

So let's sum this up....if you want to be wise submit to the wisdom of God's Word ahd prove it by working and having good conduct while doing that work for the Lord!

So let me ask again...Are you wise?

Have a great week!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment