Wednesday, April 1, 2015

I will rejoice in my salvation!



In the verse today, the prophet Habakkuk has told Judah judgement is coming from God because of their sin against God but look at the way he ends the book:

Habakkuk 3:17-19
17 Though the fig tree should not blossom,
nor fruit be on the vines,
the produce of the olive fail
and the fields yield no food,
the flock be cut off from the fold
and there be no herd in the stalls,
18 yet I will rejoice in the Lord;
I will take joy in the God of my salvation.
19 God, the Lord, is my strength;
he makes my feet like the deer's;
he makes me tread on my high places.

Verse 17 describes a terrible time....no food, no animals, who will they survive? They also are soon to be going into captivity to Babylon. Bad times coming for sure. We will have bad times too. You may be in the midst of a bad time right now. The world situation right now sure in nothing to write home about and if a return to God does not happen soon it will get no better!

Verse 18 is what we need to keep in mind at all times....good and bad!!! I will rejoice in the Lord! Yes! God is good! He will meet our needs. This is not our home. We are just passing through. I will take joy in God! Why? He is my salvation! I know thats right! There is only ONE who is Salvation and that is Jesus Christ! Knowing Him is what we can rejoice and have joy no matter what may come our way. If you don't know Him well where will your joy come from? I have good news, you can have Jesus, just surrender your life to Him now!

Verse 19 reminds us where our strength comes from....God. Nothing else this world can give you the strength to make it through this life that God gives....nothing! Just like a deer who can walk through a mountain side with full confidence of not slipping and falling, we can walk through this life in confidence that our God has us and is in complete control!  

I will rejoice this morning in my salvation! God has saved me! I will glorify His name today as I walk in obedience to Him, will you join me?

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment