Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Examples of Faith and Assurance. #2



Let’s look at another example from scripture about the difference in simple faith and blessed assurance!

JC Ryle says this in his book “Holiness”, “Faith is the penitent their, crying, “Lord, remember me””Luke 23:42. Luke 23:42 Then he said to Jesus, “Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom.”

Ryle continues: “Assurance is Job, sitting in the dust, covered with sores, and saying, “I know that my Redeemer lives.”” Job 19:25 For I know that my Redeemer lives, And He shall stand at last on the earth; 

Ryle continues on about Job: “though He slays me--yet I will trust Him” Job 13:15 Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him. Even so, I will defend my own ways before Him.

So we see here the thief has faith and thats it but Job knows without a doubt in whom his trust is placed!

I pray we all have the assurance of our faith!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment