Wednesday, March 25, 2015

The "I AM" is for you!



Need some encouragement today? Listen to this song and then we shall look at the Word of God!

Hawk Nelson - Drops In the Ocean



The more I listen to that song the more it grows on me! God is so good! A few things I want us to grab out of this song that are biblical:

1. I am for you! God is for followers of His Son! He is even for those who don't follow His Son desiring that they will submit to Jesus!

Matthew 28:20
20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”

2 Peter 3:9
9 The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you,[a] not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.

God loves us so much! He gives us all the opportunities in the world for an eternity with Him, He is for us!!!

2. Hands and feet of Jesus are proof of His love for us!

John 20:26-28
26 Eight days later, his disciples were inside again, and Thomas was with them. Although the doors were locked, Jesus came and stood among them and said, “Peace be with you.” 27 Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side. Do not disbelieve, but believe.” 28 Thomas answered him, “My Lord and my God!”

Oh the scared hands and feet of Jesus for our sins, what love!

3. You are forgiven! Multiple times! Oh thank you Jesus for your mercy and forgiveness!

Matthew 18:21-22
21 Then Peter came up and said to him, “Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?” 22 Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you seven times, but seventy-seven times.

God forgives His children so many times when they ask! He expects us to forgive in return the same way to others!

So this morning be encouraged! God is for you! The hands and feet of Jesus prove how much He loves you! God forgives us over and over again if we will just ask Him! What an AWESOME GOD we serve!

So play that song one more time...turn it up and give Jesus some praise!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment