Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Good to be corrected!

Time to think back to your younger days. Remember when dad said "this is gonna hurt me more than it will you"? Then He would proceed to tear your hind end up? Now that I am a parent I can appreciate those words much more!!! I believe God is the same way. I don't think God enjoys correcting us through punishment but it shows the love He has for us...read thses verses:

Proverbs 3:11-12

11 My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD,
Nor detest His correction;
12 For whom the LORD loves He corrects,
Just as a father the son in whom he delights.

The problem with these verses for me is to determine if I am being chastised by the Lord or if Satan is testing me. I know though that if I am in sin I will be corrected. I also believe sin has consequences that can be seen as correction from the Lord. Verse 11 tells us not to get mad because God is correcting us. Have you even been corrected by God and gotten mad? I have and this is wrong. Just like when dad used to spank me I would get mad at him...why? I was the one who did wrong and deserved what I got and I learned from my mistakes. This is the same with God, He punishes because He wants us to learn and to be honest if we are not punished we are usually hard headed and will do it again!

Verse 12 tells why God corrects and I want you to be sure to catch this...because He LOVES us! Just as we delight in our own children and we correct them because we love them God does the same with us. So my friend if God's hand seems to be hard on you right now, examine your life and see if their is sin that needs to be corrected and repented of in your life. For God corrects those whom He loves!

Thank you Jesus for guidence in my life...even if it hurts for a time I want to do your will in my life. Do whatever is neded to keep me in a right relationship with you! I desire to follow you in all things.

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment