Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Submit to God

This is a verse I have known for quit a while now. It is very simple but yet very hard. Hear it is:

James 4:7

7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.

OK here is the truth. Submit to God and the devil will flee. Sounds oh so very easy doesn't it? Well it isn't. It is a spiritual battle everyday. We must be on guard at every second. I believe this is why God tells us to pray without ceasing as that will keep us in close contact with Him throughout the day. The devil is prowling around us just waiting for the opportunity to jump in and hurt our relationship with Gid. Now this word submit it hard for us humans to do. We don't like authority. We want to be in charge but that is what God desires form each of us. Giving all of our selves to Him. Did you catch that ALL of ourselves. He don't want just a piece here and a piece there...it is total submission. Have you done that? For me some days are better than others. Those are the days the devil usually gets the best of me because I did not submit totally!!! I pray you think about this devotion today. It can be done but we must be willing to give all of ourselves to God!

I love you all in the Lord...if I can ever be of service to you just send me a note!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment