Friday, April 8, 2011

Never gets old!

I don't know about you but for me these verses never get old even though they are the most well known in the Bible.



John 3:16-17

16 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. 17 For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.



I think often about this verse. How can God love me or you this much? To give your only son up for a sinner like me. It is just hard to comprehend. It is such good news for us though. Because God gave up His Son for our sins if we believe this we will not perish but have everlasting life. WOW! God has made it so simple but yet so many still don't believe. Verse 17 says God did not send Jesus to condemn us like we deserve but that through Jesus's death on the cross we will be saved! That is LOVE!



Thank you Father for saving a filthy rag like me.



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment