Sunday, November 3, 2013

The Lord is good!




I am writing this on Sunday night because I will be out of pocket tomorrow!



Sunday morning at church I looked at the front of my bulletin and it has this verse on it:



Psalm 106:1



Praise the Lord!

Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good,

for his steadfast love endures forever!



As we are now in the month of November I see many folks telling each day on facebook things they are thankful for. We should be thankful everyday! The number one thing in life we should be thankful for is God! Without Him we would never have been! In the verse above it tells us He is good. That is an understatement! We don't have a word great enough to describe God, He is God after all!



The verse goes on to say God's love endures forever. The love of God surpasses all. His love for each of us is deeper, more sincere, and stronger than any other we will ever have. We need to understand that. We deserve nothing but God gave us everything including the life of His only Son Jesus. That is amazing love.



The word steadfast means: fixed in direction; steadily directed. Gods love is fixed on you! Gods love is steadily directed at you! Don't miss that! Only God can do that to everyone at every second! Oh thank you God, thank you.



So what do we need to do? Praise the Lord! That's the way the verse above starts out. Praise Him all day long, He is worthy!!!!



I am so thankful God loves me and saved me through the blood of His Son Jesus and I will praise Him all the days of my life! Will you?



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment