Monday, December 30, 2013

Is the Word in your heart?




Run, run, run! Been all over the place my friends. Sorry for missing the devotions. I just got back last night from Gatlinburg,TN where we were at a youth conference with over 6,000 kids. Great conference. One of the messages was based on this question, Is the Word in your heart? It was based on this scripture:



Psalm 119:10-12



10 With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments!11 I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.12 Blessed are you, O Lord; teach me your statutes!



I want us to concentrate on verse 11. The speaker at the conference asked us a very interesting question, for those that have been saved over 4 years, can you quote a verse for each year you have been saved? Hmmm I have been saved for 22 years, that would mean 22 verses. That brings us to this question, how much of God's Word do I have stored up in my heart???? Why is that important? So that I do not sin against God!



Now I will be the first to admit I am not good at memorization. I can tell you lots of things the bible says but may not have book and verse and would have to look it up! These are lame excuses! If I sat down and thought about it I am pretty sure I could come up with 22 verses, but that is not the point....I should know much more! Why is it I can remember stupid sports numbers but not my bible? Perhaps I need to do some thinking on that huh? What about you?



So as we head into the new year, we may want to make a priority of storing up God's Word in our hearts! After all it will help us to not sin against our God!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment