Tuesday, September 5, 2017

What are you doing about the Father’s business?



I want you to consider for a moment the work done for the Lord by godly men and women of the bible and great godly leaders since. How do you match up? I am afraid I have to agree with Thomas Kempis when he said: “Consider the lively examples set us by the saints, and you will see how little, how nearly nothing, we do!”
As followers of Jesus we have great responsibilities....sharing the gospel, loving others, meeting the needs of others, and serving the church. These are all clearly stated in the bible. So evaluate yourself and then answer the question...Am I giving my all for the glory of God in service to my King Jesus?
Here are a few scriptures to think upon:
Luke 2:49 And He said to them, “Why did you seek Me? Did you not know that I must be about My Father’s business?”

James 2:14-26

14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
18 But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. 19 You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble! 20 But do you want to know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac his son on the altar? 22 Do you see that faith was working together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect? 23 And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” And he was called the friend of God. 24 You see then that a man is justified by works, and not by faith only.
25 Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out another way?
26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.
Matthew 5:16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

Matthew 16:27 For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works.

So again I ask....are you about the Father’s business like Jesus?

*Side note: Just a reminder works do not save you...faith alone in Jesus saves you....but you work because you have been saved and want others to come to Jesus as well.

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment