Monday, October 12, 2009

It is my own fault!

Good morning. I have been out of town and it is hard to keep borrowing someones computer to write a devotion so I got behind. Sorry! Anyway I am back. This mornings devotion makes us realize some things about ourselves! Here are the verses:

James 1:14-16

14 But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. 15 Then, when desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, brings forth death.
16 Do not be deceived, my beloved brethren.

These verses start off telling us how we are tempted. We are drawn by our OWN desires! Not by somebody elses but our own. Notice the temptation is not sin. It is when we give in to that desire. In others words when we do what ever that temptation is it becomes sin. I can only speak fo myself here but I cannot count how many times when a temptation is before me that God through the Holy Spirit warns me that this is sin. This is when it becomes my choice to sin or not to sin! Thank you God for the Holy Sprirt...help my decision making be in line with your word. I read some where an interesting thought. In verse 15 it talks of dersire being concieved then birthing sin. Who is the father of that sin??? Satan for he is the father of all lies and sin. Be very careful and do not let satan birth that sin into your life! Verse 15 goes onto say that sin leads to death both spiritually and physically. The only way to overcome that death is through the shed blood of Jesus. The in verse 16 James warns us to not be dedeived. Be on the watch for the lies of sin. And remember satan tempts but when we give in it is our own fault! Pray for one another and stay strong against the evil one!

Have a great week!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment