Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Lessons from Ecuador

The team I was blessed to be a part of is back from Ecuador. As I sit at the keyboard this morning I write with a very heavy heart. We left new friends and a country that is in much need but yet seems to be content with where they are at in many ways. This was my first trip out of the states to serve God and it has opened my eyes to many things. I want to share them with you for the next couple of weeks.

A friend of mine wrote a devotion that I got this morning and this was the verse he was using and it is just what I needed to write my devotion this morning also.

Galatians 6:9

9 And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.

Brothers and sisters we must focus on the teachings of God everyday. Here God is telling us to do good to others always...even when we are tired. I can not tell you how tired we were after serving the kids of Ecuador doing Vacation Bible School. We were soaked with sweet every night but we kept pushing on. One of our team members actually had some serious stomach problems from the food or water. He looked like death at times but he would not let us take him to the hotel to rest. He kept pushing on...doing good and not growing weary. This team member was n charge of the games and did an amazing job. There is no doubt he will reap blessings for not losing heart as the verse said above. We had many times where things were difficult compared to the states but we did not lose heart and that is what I hope you will see this morning....we have folks to reach for Jesus....keep doing good no matter what. The blessings that come with this work are unbelievable!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment