Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Only with Jesus!

Take a moment to think on this verse:



Proverbs 20:9 (New King James Version)

9 Who can say, “I have made my heart clean,

I am pure from my sin”?



So many today want to point us to their good works to show us they are in good standing with God. This verse although it does not give us the answer points us to the answer.....Jesus Christ. We can do all the good works we want but if we have not accepted Christ as our Lord and Savior we are not clean before God. Only the shed blood of Jesus cleanses us from sin...nothing else. God tells us in His Word that our righteousness is like filthy rags before Him. Thank God He sent His Son Jesus to die on the cross for our sin and to makes us righteous before the almighty God. Nothing we have done but a free gift from the God who loves us so very much!



Thank you Jesus for giving me a clean heart and making me pure in the sight of God.



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment