Wednesday, December 29, 2010

We are to work!

Proverbs 21:25 (New King James Version)

25 The desire of the lazy man kills him,

For his hands refuse to labor. 



This verse really hits home with me this morning when I look at what our society has become. Way back when Adam and Eve sinned God told us that from then on we will have to work! We have allowed ourselves as a nation to allow folks to live off handouts from the government and individuals. Now let me be clear I have no problem with helping those who are in need or have lost their jobs. What I do have a problem with is helping those who are capable of working but choose to be lazy and not work because they can get free handouts! I believe there are many verses in the Bible to back up my belief including this one today! The desire of a lazy many is just that...to be lazy and do nothing. The lazy one refuses to work. Folks I am a firm believer that the Bible has the answers for all of life and if we would follow God's Word we will be much better off than we are now!



Thank you God for giving us the guide book to life!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment