Thursday, August 7, 2014

Is God hearing my prayers?




Interesting question huh? As we studied the bible last night we read an interesting passage I want to share with you, here it is:



12 For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,

and his ears are open to their prayer.

But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”



So let's try to break down this verse. First it says God's eyes are on the righteous. There is only one way to be righteous in God's eyes and that is to put faith and trust in His Son Jesus and to follow Him the rest of your life. So keep this in mind as we go through the rest of the verse.



Second we see it says God's ears are open to their prayer. Why would God put that in here? Doesn't he hear the prayers of everyone? From what I see here the answer is no. The only prayer that God listens to from an unsaved person is if they humble themselves and call upon Jesus to be Lord and Savior of their life.....and then He will listen to their prayers. Hmmmm something to think about there!



Here are some other verses that back up the verse we are studying:



2 Chronicles 7:14-15



14 if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 15 Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayer that is made in this place.



Psalm 34:15





15 The eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous

and his ears toward their cry.



Proverbs 15:29





29 The Lord is far from the wicked,

but he hears the prayer of the righteous.



John 14:6



6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.



Hebrews 11:6



6 And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.



We can pick up a common theme here....you don't come to God until you get right through Jesus!!! For the 1 Peter verse says "the face of the Lord is against those who do evil" which would be unforgiven sinners!



I see so many folks whose lives are living in blatant sin (which is a sign you don't have Jesus) trying to offer up prayers to God but according to what I see from the Word...He is not listening until you call upon His Son Jesus and are cleansed in His shed blood!



On the flip side, if you are a child of God...keep those prayers going...He loves to hear from His children! FREQUENTLY!!!!



Think on this today!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment