Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Eyes #4




Today let us look at what the Psalms has to say about our eyes. Great advice!



Psalm 25:15





15 My eyes are ever toward the Lord,

for he will pluck my feet out of the net.



Where are our eyes focused? On Jesus our Lord or on the world whom Satan is the prince? Here we are told when we keep our eyes on Jesus, He will keep us out of trouble!!! Oh how I wish I had focused on Jesus as a child, but am thankful I came to my senses and finally gave my life to Him in my 20's!!! He is my Guide and Protector!



Psalm 101:3





3 I will not set before my eyes

anything that is worthless.

I hate the work of those who fall away;

it shall not cling to me.



Oh my! Think about these words for a bit. First thing comes to my mind is TV!!! How much value does TV have? Then thing of people who are not following Jesus, don't let their ways cling to you. Let us be committed to following our Lord in all ways.





Psalm 119:18





18 Open my eyes, that I may behold

wondrous things out of your law.



Here we see a prayer we all need to voice often. God let us grasp your Word!! Then apply it daily to our lives. Let us see clearly.



Psalm 119:37





37 Turn my eyes from looking at worthless things;

and give me life in your ways.



Similar to a previous verse. Help us oh Lord to keep our eyes on YOU! Our eyes are so valuable in our walk with Jesus. He is true Life! The things of this world are not.



Psalm 123:1



123 To you I lift up my eyes,

O you who are enthroned in the heavens!



So again we ask the question to whom or what are you focusing your eyes on? For the follower of God their is only one choice....HIM who is on the throne is heaven! The maker of the heavens and earth.



I hope you are catching on to the importance God places on our eyes and what we are focused on! It is convicting for sure.



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment