Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Eyes #5




Hope everyone had a great Christmas! I will get back to my regular routine soon and again sorry for scattered devo's! Let's look at the proverbs today to see what they got to say about the eyes!



Proverbs 12:15





15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes,

but a wise man listens to advice.



This is a common theme in the scriptures, that a fool is always right in his own eyes! I can attest to this myself. How many times have I found myself in sin in the past and tried to justify it will some kind of excuse. Not only trying to convince others I was right but also myself! Where instead I should have taken the advice of other followers of Jesus and most of all God's Word!!! LISTEN and READ Godly advice! It is the key to maturing in our walk with the Lord. Get pride out as we all seem to have a problem of seeing where we are wrong.



Proverbs 16:2





2 All the ways of a man are pure in his own eyes,

but the Lord weighs the spirit.



Similar to the previous proverb. Don't miss here though to who is weighing our Spirit. Not self, not other people, but God Himself. You see when it all comes down to the end, we will stand before God, and He knows our hearts. Were we trying to follow Him or was it all about self? We can't fool God but we sure can fools ourselves if we are not careful. Don't fool yourself, God tells us what is pure in His Word, if you want to know you will seek it our, if not then you won't. Plain and simple.



Proverbs 17:24

The discerning sets his face toward wisdom, but the eyes of a fool are on the ends of the earth.



So what are your eyes on? The ways of the world or the wisdom God has shown us?



Proverbs 21:4





4 Haughty eyes and a proud heart,

the lamp of the wicked, are sin.



Pride will get ya every time! Are you humble or full of pride?



Proverbs 23:26



26 My son, give me your heart,

and let your eyes observe my ways.



This defines where our eyes should be...on God's ways!!!!! Give God your heart, it is His main desire!!!



Chew on these today, where are your eyes???



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment