Monday, July 13, 2015

God's grace is enough.


My Pastor Mark Warren shared these verses last night at church and it was a good reminder:

2 Corinthians 12:7-10

7 So to keep me from becoming conceited because of the surpassing greatness of the revelations, a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. 8 Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. 9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

A few things to notice:

1. As workers for God we must remain humble and not become conceited. v7. Obviously Paul must had an issue with this so God allowed a problem to keep him humble!

2. Physical problems can be allowed by God for our benefit. v7. Wow don't ever forget that, while the physical ailment came from Satan God used it to benefit Paul! Paul asked God many times to remove it but God did not!

3. So what do we do when problem is not removed? Know that God's grace is sufficient and the power of God will see us through. v9 God is always there and will help us...trust Him!

4. When we see the power of God getting us through our problem we glorify God and brag on HIM! v9

5. When we can grasp these truths we then know that any hardships we face that although we are weak in ourselves, with power of God we are strong! Amen!!!!! v.10

Grab onto these truths and remember them always! You will need them as a follower of God!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment