Monday, July 27, 2015

I want you FIRST!



On this Monday morning start your day off by listening to this song by Lauren Dangle called "First" turn it up and worship brothers and sisters!



So is that your prayer and aim this morning to put and keep God first in everything? I sure hope so, it is for me! Although I fail often. The scriptures point to this for us also, let's look at a few:

Matthew 6:33
But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

Matthew 6:19-21
“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Galatians 2:20 
I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Matthew 6:24
“No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.

John 3:30 
He must increase, but I must decrease.”

Matthew 22:37 
And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.

Take some time this morning and evaluate the desires of your heart...are these desires of God first and foremost or something else. Pray for God's leading and help and He will give it. God deserves first place! Let us as those created in His image always place Him first in our lives for anything else in first place is an idol!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment