Thursday, February 11, 2016

Who you are in Christ.#13



I am a temple of God. God dwells in me! Take some time just to think on that!

1 Corinthians 3:16 Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

1 Corinthians 6:19 Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?

When you put your faith in Jesus and become a follower of Him, you immediately receive the Holy Spirit to dwell in you that Jesus promised to send back when He ascended into heaven.

John 14:26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.

How awesome is that? We have the Holy Spirit dwelling in us to be faithful followers of Jesus. We have no excuses for sinning other than our own ignorance as we have the power of God to overcome any sin that comes our way!

So today I say I am the temple of God in Christ! How about you?

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment