Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Big job-moms and dads!



Proverbs 1:8-9
8 My son, hear the instruction of your father,
And do not forsake the law of your mother;
9 For they will be a graceful ornament on your head,
And chains about your neck.

Sports, grades, music, and the list goes on are not the most important things in a childs life although in our society you might not know it. As parents, our number one job is training our children about the the Lord and the things of the Lord. How are you doing in this?

As a youth pastor I am devastated at the lack of knowledge of the basic things of the bible in my youth. Where should this training of the word of God come from? HOME! MOM AND DAD! I am to supplement your teachings. The church is to supplement your teachings. 

So let’s take ball for example. Here spring ball is cranking up. How much time does your child get training for ball and then how much time is spent on games? Ok now on the other hand how much time do you spend training your child in the Word and then how much time is spent on the Father’s business? OUCH! What does God thing about this? I think we already know. 

So what are we gonna do about it? The decision is yours. As for me and my house we will train in the Lord first, and then fit other stuff around that! Mom and dad, God is first priority! Make sure He is!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment