Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Here I am, Send Me.



I got in my office this morning and set down to write the morning devotion and had no idea what God would lay on my heart today. I looked through some things waiting on the Lord to provide when I laid my eyes on the Annie Armstrong Easter Offering information. If you are unfamiliar with that, we take an offering at Easter every year to support missionaries in North America. The bible verse used this year is this:

Isaiah 6:8 And I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?” Then I said, “Here I am! Send me.”

God desires us to support our missionaries but what God desires most is your obedience and submission to Him. To serve Him. Are you willing?

1 Samuel 15:22 And Samuel said,

“Has the Lord as great delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices,
as in obeying the voice of the Lord?
Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice,
and to listen than the fat of rams.

It is one thing to show up to church once a week and toss a $20 bill in the offering plate and think you did your duty for the week. It is called being a follower when yo say to God “here I am Lord, send me” and be willing to go where ever God leads no matter the cost. This is what God is seeking in those who follow Him and why Jesus said following Him is costly!

So are you willing? Think long and hard before you answer.

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment