Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Prayer is for God’s glory!



All our prayers primary focus should be for the glory of God! Have you ever thought about that? 

When make a request from God the primary result of the request should be to glorify God:

John 14:13 And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

What is the glory of God? It is the importance of God and the overwhelming power He has over everything, it is majesty and honor, it is His awesomeness and significance, it is identity, nature, holiness, kindness, and love all being unveiled to us. 

That is why we are told that in everything including prayer we are to give Him glory:

Psalm 148:13 Let them praise the name of the Lord,
For His name alone is exalted;
His glory is above the earth and heaven.

Isaiah 43:7 Everyone who is called by My name,
Whom I have created for My glory;
I have formed him, yes, I have made him.”

Maybe when we thing about giving God the glory in prayer it may change the way we pray, looking more to Him and less to us!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment