Thursday, September 29, 2016

Does sin bother you?



A very simple question for you this morning....does sin bother you? It should. Anytime we sin against and holy God it should be very troubling to us. If sin does not bother us it is a sign of very big trouble in one's life!

Look at this quote from JC Ryle: "I cannot see how any man deserves to be called "holy" who willfully allows himself in sins, and is not humbled and ashamed because of them." 

And "I do not understand how a man can be a true believer, unto whom sin is not the greatest burden, sorrow, and trouble!"

Now look at God's Word:

Psalm 38:18 For I will declare my iniquity; I will be in anguish over my sin.

Psalm 51:3 For I acknowledge my transgressions, And my sin is always before me.

2 Corinthians 7:9-10 Now I rejoice, not that you were made sorry, but that your sorrow led to repentance. For you were made sorry in a godly manner, that you might suffer loss from us in nothing. 10 For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.

Luke 18:13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’

If you can sin and it does not bother you, you relationship with God has a major problem. Go to Him immediately and repent and get right with Him! It is of utmost importance.

Perhaps you are sinning and don't even know it...that is why reading and knowing God's Word is so important.

As a follower of Jesus I know when I sin and it bothers me until I confess it and strive not to repeat it! I pray your sin bothers you too!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment