Thursday, February 9, 2017

Examples of Faith and Assurance. #4



Today we continue to look at the difference between simple faith and full assurance in Jesus. I am pulling samples from the book “Holiness” by JC Ryle.

Ryle teaches: “Faith is the anxious, trembling voice: “Lord, I believe--help my unbelief” Mark 9:24 Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, “Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!”

Ryle continues: “Assurance is the confident challenge: “Who shall lay anything to the charge of God’s elect? Who is he who condemns?”” Romans 8:33-34 Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.

So faith is I believe but need help still. Assurance is knowing we are saved and nobody can take it away because Jesus is the ONE who makes intercession for us. He is God and undefeated as our advocate!!! Praise Jesus!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment