Friday, April 24, 2009

God is Love!


What a awesome morning here in Tennessee! The sun is up and it is going to be in the 80's today. Be sure to praise God for the beautiful day!

I was on the way to work this morning and I was listening to the radio as usual. They told a story about a man in Michigan who is a millionaire and he has hired a match making service to find him a wife. I did not fully grasp the part of the story but something was said about $50,000 I believe was going to be given to the wife to be....I may be wrong on that part. This story got my mind to thinking. Are we that desperate for love and companionship? I mean the man is a millionaire and can't find a wife on his own.

This scripture came to my mind:

1 John 3:7-8 "Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. He who does not love does not know God, for God is love."

We all want to be loved I realize that. I think sometimes though we get so caught up in wanting to be loved by other people we often miss the most important love of all....God. Why do we get so caught up on wanting people to love us? The Creator of the universe does love us and that is something we should constantly think about and praise Him about.

Look what Paul tells us in 1 Corn. 7:8-9 "But I say to the unmarried and to the widows: It is good for them if they remain even as I am; but if they cannot exercise self-control, let them marry. For it is better to marry than to burn with passion."

The reason Paul tells us it is better not to marry is simple. We can focus on God with all we have. Once we get married and have kids obviously our focus isn't on God near as much as it could be if we were single. God knows us so well though He knew many of us "burn with passion" as Paul put it and provided marriage for us.

So back to the man from Michigan. If you have to buy love is it really love? If this man would find the love of Christ he would find all the love he needs in life. So my question for us today is have we found the real love of our life....Jesus Christ?

God bless and have a great weekend!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment