Monday, April 27, 2009

Return to the Word of God Part 1


I had a great weekend. I hope you did too! I am preaching a revival at Cypress Creek Baptist Church in Martin, Tn and preached on this topic yesterday. If you are in the area come and join us tonight at 7:00 p.m.

How many of us are satisfied with our nation and the direction it is going? I believe I already know the answer. None of us. As Christians it is time for us to do something. We have sit around far to long letting those who are non-believers or are not truly converted dictate how our nation is gonna be run!

When the Presidential election was taking place I heard a report on one of the news networks that 84% of our nation is Christian. I nearly fell out of my seat!!! 84%.....are you kidding me. Look at the morals of our nation and those who worship God on a regular basis and you tell me that 84% of our nation is Christian. I would hate to put a number to it but it would come no where close to 84%...matter of fact it wouldn't even make 50% in my opinion.....oh how I wish I was wrong but the nations walk pretty much proves it!

Let me give you the first of several examples this morning of how we know we are no where 84%:

1. Over a million babies killed a year.

Psalm 139:13-16


13 For You formed my inward parts;
You covered me in my mother’s womb.
14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
Marvelous are Your works,
And that my soul knows very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from You,
When I was made in secret,
And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.
And in Your book they all were written,
The days fashioned for me,
When as yet there were none of them.

God and God only is the giver and taker of life. From my study of the Bible I see it no other way. As Americans this is a hot topic but as Christians it really isn't hot or it shouldn't be. When or how have we become the judges on who lives and who dies. As we are talking about this we need to be very careful because we are headed for a time down the road that if a person is not useful such as retarded or has a disease or is unable to be productive in society we will kill them. Don't laugh. Our nation is headed that way. Why that might be the answer to our social security problem. When we get to old to be productive kill them. Take them out of the system.

But 84% of America is Christian...oh really!

God knows us before we are created and decides who lives and who dies....it is a life not a choice. What if your mom and dad had chosen for you not to live?

I know this is tough but as Christians we have to quit being silent and start standing we are running out of time!

God bless....Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment