Thursday, December 10, 2009

Fruits of Holy Spirit #2

We can talk much about the Holy Spirit but to know if we are living life in Holy Spirit we can start by looking in this verse:

Galatians 5:22-23
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.

These fruits are characteristics of one who is living their life with the Holy Spirit guiding them. Now look at these fruits closely. I don't know about you but I can speak for myself that is takes the Spirits's moving in my life to do these daily. Love...do you love everyone daily. Now think before you answer. Do you see how it takes the Holy Spirits guidance to do this day in and day out? Do you live with joy? If you have expirienced the joy of the saving grace of Jesus we should be joyful no matter what we go through in a day again the Spirit may have to remind of us that truth! Peace! Do you have that peace in your life that only God can bring throught the Spirit! I know before I had Jesus in my life peace was not a constant part of my life but it is now and the Holy Spirit reminds me often of that peace that is only obtainable through Jesus! Longsuffering....think about this for a moment. God puts up with our non-sense daily...He is longsuffering twards us and He expects us to be the same twards others. If we fly off the handle at the drop of a hat we had better check our walk with God and if the Holy Spirit is really guiding us. Kindness are you kind? It takes a leading of the Spirit fo us to be kind even when the situation may not warrent it! Goodness..are you genuinely a good person? Does good flow from you. It is not a natural thing for us to be good...the Spirit must flow from us to do this! Faithfulness...hmmm as we can see in today's society faithfulness is not a trait of many. To be faithful in all area's of life is a sure sign of the Spirits leading your life. Gentleness...are we gentle to others? Do we care about others feelings? Again this is not a top priority in many lives today but God's word tells us it is a sign of one's life being led by the Spirit. Self control....this kind of sums up all the other fruits because it takes self control to do all the others. For me if I have self control I can do all the others and there will be no doubt the Spirit is leading my life if I am able to control my emotions and my actions. I am the first to admit I can only do this if I yeild my self to the Spirit's control of my life. I like how this verse ends..."against such there is no law"!!! For the Spirit filled Christian these fruits should be flowing from our lives and if they are the world will be noticing that we are different!

So how are you doing in these? Is the Spirit evident or do we have work to do?

Pray for me please and I will pray for you...these friuis of the Spirit should be flowing freely from us!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment