Friday, December 18, 2009

To our advantage!!! #5

Have you ever had the thought I wish Jesus was still here so I could talk face to face with Him or touch Him and know He is for real? I believe all believer's probably have thought that at one time or another. Read today's verse:

John 16:7
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you.

Wow! Jesus tells us very clearly here that it is to our advantage that He left us. But why? He goes on to explain to us that if He did not leave the Helper would not come. But if He did leave the Helper would come. Jesus promised to send this Helper. So who is this Helper? The Holy Spirit of course!!! In Acts 2 we see the fullfillment of this promise and Peter explains it is available to anyone who believes! Isn't God awesome???

Here is the reason the having the Holy Spirit is to our advantage. If Jesus was here in bodily form He could only be where His body was but when Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to us it can indwell us thus the Holy Spirit is with us 24/7. So know do you see why it is to our advantage?? God is so much smarter than we are and I am so thankful He is in control and not me...amen?

One day soon we will see Jesus in the flesh but until then be thankful for the Holy Spirit's presence in your body!

Have a great weekend!

Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment