Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Do good to others!

So many ways one could go with this verse!



Proverbs 17:13

13 Whoever rewards evil for good,

Evil will not depart from his house. 



Two ways come to mind to learn from this verse. Let's start out with our parents. I remember many times when mom or dad would try to teach me something for my own benefit and I would mumble and grumble about it and sometimes mess it up on purpose. I would return evil for good. When we do this I believe we pay the consequences from God. Does this ring any bells with you? I was so smart at 15, at least I thought I was. Now at age 40 I realize how dumb I really was. God's Word makes it clear we are to obey our parents, when we don't it is evil.



The second way I see this verse is this. How many times do we hear about someone trying to help someone else only to take advantage of them. Recently I had a friend who was helping a neighbor man out who had come on hard times. My friend was giving the man odd jobs to do around the house to make some money. My friend even let this man stay at their house while they went on vacation to take care of the dog and watch their place. This man stole some checks from them and some equipment out of the barn to sell to get some drugs! Talk about returning evil for good!!! This man now is in jail and has asked for forgiveness in a letter to the family. According to this verse this man has evil in house that will be there until one thing happens. He asks for forgiveness from Jesus Christ. Only then will this evil depart!



So my friends let us do good not evil not only to those who help us but to all!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment