Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Want to be alone?

God responds right on time with this verse.



Proverbs 18:1

1 A man who isolates himself seeks his own desire;

He rages against all wise judgment.



Yesterday and many times here recently I have heard folks make the statement about how they don't need to go to church. They make statements like "I can worship God in the woods and feel closer to God there than anywhere else." Now let me say you can worship God in the woods but if you are forsaking the assembly of God's people (the church) then you are disobeying God. Most folks who choose not to go to to church are doing it for personal gain...like hunting, ect. If they were to be at church it would keep them from the woods...I think you get the point. God makes it clear to us in this verse when we isolate ourselves from others it is not a wise decision and other parts of scripture confirms this same thought.



I can already hear excuses when some will read this....my response is God's Word makes it clear to be in His house to worship him...if you want to argue, argue with God.....good luck!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment