Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A good thing!

Be careful whom you choose!



Proverbs 18:22

22 He who finds a wife finds a good thing,

And obtains favor from the LORD.



I always try to instruct my young folks at church to be very careful in dating. I am a firm believer that God has a certain someone for each of us and sometimes God may even intend for us to stay single as the apostle Paul tells us in the Bible. Sometimes God may bring that certain someone early in life and sometimes it may be later on. One thing is for sure when you find a good wife it is a good thing and you obtain favor from the Lord as this verse says! So what would make a woman a good wife? I think it is a pretty easy answer. A lady who is right with God. When you find a godly lady she will be a good thing. To be honest a godly lady is hard to find these days and so are godly men! When you do find that godly woman and she becomes you wife you will obtain favor from the Lord because she will help you in your walk with God. And when you are walking closer to God you obtain favor...praise the lord!



I am so thankful for the godly wife I have. I know I have a good thing and don't deserve what I have. I also can see where I have obtained favor from the Lord because of the things my wife has showed me. This an awesome verse. And if you are not married do not settle for anything less than a godly wife or husband!



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment