Friday, October 15, 2010

I think......

I have seen a big problem in recent days. I have been in discussions about many topics from the Bible. Topics like tithing, going to church, pastors, baptism, and the list can go on and on. The problem I see is this....many folks make comments such as I feel, or I think. My friends this is very dangerous!!! God has given us the Bible for a reason. It is our guide book for life. He loves us so much He has given us everything we need to know in this book. Some things are not for us to know right now. Anyone who says I think, or I feel without scripture to back it up in walking a very thin line. A good example is this Hebrews 10:25:



Hebrews 10:25 (New King James Version)

25 not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.



How can one argue with this??? Plain and simple...when the church gathers we should be there. But some many folks will say but I feel or I think....well this is what God says! Case closed! God knew some would choose not too that is why He put in there "as is the manner of some".



You see many of us think we know more than God, so God addressed that too:



Proverbs 3:5 (New King James Version)

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding;



God's Word is the authority not what I think or feel.



What about tithing....Jesus said:



Matthew 22:21 (New King James Version)

21 .” And He said to them, “Render therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar’s, and to God the things that are God’s.” What is God's? Well everything to be honest but read this.



The Word tells us in Malachi:



Malachi 3:8-10 (New King James Version)

Do Not Rob God

8 “ Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed Me! But you say,‘ In what way have we robbed You?’ In tithes and offerings. 9 You are cursed with a curse, For you have robbed Me, Even this whole nation. 10 Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, That there may be food in My house, And try Me now in this,” Says the LORD of hosts“ If I will not open for you the windows of heaven And pour out for you such blessing . That there will not be room enough to receive it.



I already can hear some saying this is the old testament....you are right and Jesus did override the sacrificial system but He also said He came to fulfill the the law not to destroy it. Giving a tithe to God has not changed!



These are just a couple of examples I could go on but I think you get the point. To close I want to share one more verse....



Revelation 22:18-19 (New King James Version)

18 For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book; 19 and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.



I realize this is talking about the book of Revelation but it gives us a pretty clear picture of what God thinks about those who alter His Word.



So my friends...if you can't back up how you think or feel about your spiritual issues, you better think about your positions for in the end it could be costly. God's Word is clear and doesn't need us to add to or take away!



God bless...Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment