Thursday, June 23, 2011

Don't put people first!

Wow did this verse ever jump out at me this morning.



Galatians 1:10

10 Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.



How much time do we spend trying to get peoples approval? Some don't care what people think and others care way too much what people think. Paul makes it very clear here that people are not our number one priority. Now let me be clear that the Bible makes it clear we are to love others and put them ahead of ourselves but Jesus is to be the MAIN priority in our life. Paul even tells us here that if we are trying to be a people pleaser in stead of a Jesus pleaser than we need to check our status with Christ. Our God is a jealous God and He deserves all the glory and worship!!!!



So this morning who is first in your life???? Your wife, kids, boss, or do you have Jesus in the number one slot? Does your life prove that Jesus is your top priority?



Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment